Sunday, December 15, 2013

Today's Guest - Erzabet Bishop

Today, I welcome Erzabet Bishop to my blog. Erzabet writes short erotic stories, with a pagan twist. Personally, I'd love to be able to pack the emotional punch the way she does. Her latest, Yuletide Temptations, is out now. More on that in a little bit. But first, I've asked Erzabet to answer some questions to give us a little insight into her and her stories.

* When did the writing bug first hit?

I think it first hit when I was in about 6th grade. I still have the really awful vampire story I typed out on my Mom’s old typewriter.

* Are you a plotter or a pantser?

A little of both. I have to loosely outline some main points on a legal pad and then let her rip. If I don’t I get lost. If I do too much outlining, it gets overwhelming and I get discombobulated when the story deviates-and it always does.

* Do your characters come first, or the story?

Characters first, then the story. I have to know who I am writing about and then the rest takes on a life of its own.

* What's the same mistake you still find yourself aggravatingly making from your early days?

Echoing. It’s terrible. Lol. I have to read everything out loud to make sure I am not using the same word over and over again.

When you hit that brick wall (as all writers eventually do at some point or another), how do you get through it?

I change what I am working on. Under my real name I write music reviews and that helps.


* What other creative talents do you have?

I love to crochet, bake and do needlework.
 
* What was the first book you loved so much that to this day, you can still pick it up and read it and savor every word again?

Sherwood Forest by Lisa Croll

http://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-Forest-Lisa-Croll-Dio/dp/1588511286/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386550493&sr=1-7&keywords=sherwood+forest



Who was your favorite teacher: in elementary school, middle/junior high school, high school, college? (all or any) What did they teach you that you still apply today?

 Mrs. Permenter. I learned not to put an uncovered cake in the trunk of your car. It will be covered in cat hair by the time you get where you are going.

* Coffee or tea?

Both. Coffee first thing and tea the rest of the day. Unless I am really beat, then just keep it coming.

* Chocolate or vanilla?

Ummm. How about both. With chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. Oh- and a ribbon of black raspberry running through it. :)

 *  What was your most embarrassing moment? Were you the cause, or someone/something else?

I was working at a mall bookstore where we had to lift a gate to open or lower the gate to close the store. I was wearing a Halloween Elvira red dress and it got caught on the gate and I got to show everyone my unsexy underwear. Awesome.

Which childhood memory is your favorite? Why?

I think getting the anthology of horror stories on Christmas Eve was one of my favorite memories. I still have it and I read from it every year.

* List 5 things that people don't know about you.

·         I am a dog mom. My husband and I are devoted to dog rescue and have a very active pack of furry babies.

·         Crochet and knitting is how I relax when I am not reading or writing-which lately is pretty rare.

·         I write YA under another name.

·         I love to bake and am a sucker for a new recipe. Cake, cake, cake!

·         I am a bookstore manager, music reviewer and blogger in my day to day life.




Here's where you can find Erzabet out on the web:

@erzabetbishop





Here's more about Yuletide Temptations, a super sexy tale, with lots of really heart-felt emotion.



Jasmin is rocking the Yuletide season as she oversees the party for Morrigan's Promise with Brigit and Julia. Shane, her old school girl crush is back in town. When she goes to talk with him about decorations for the event, his large dog greets her instead, letting loose some holiday mischief.

When Jasmin realizes that Shane doesn't remember her at all, she refuses his help and leaves. A little intervention from her friends and some Yuletide magic help the lovers connect, only to fall apart again with a heated misunderstanding.

Will Shane accept Jasmin being a witch?
Can Jasmin learn to conquer her fear of dogs?
Will they both give into the passion that will bind them as lovers?

A little mistletoe and a bag of dog biscuits might just seal the deal, helping them give in to Yuletide Temptation.


**Based on real Pagan traditions and celebrations, “The Erotic Pagans Series” brings erotica and romance to reality, and shares the passion of erotic romance in the lives of Pagans with everyone.**


2 comments: