Monday, March 7, 2011

Release Monday!

Healing the Mage is here! I'm very excited about the release – I had so much fun writing Lily and Aidan's story.  It's available at Noble Romance Publishing now!
When I first started writing this book, the words poured out of me, I finished the first draft in a little over a month.  Of course, as always is the case, the story changed drastically from that first draft.
Both Lily and Aidan were mentioned in passing in In The Devil's Arms. I didn't have any specific plans for taking them any further, until the day Aidan's predicament with becoming a Mage revealed itself to me. I had no clear idea for the story, but starting writing anyway. Before I knew it, I had the poor guy in excruciating, insanity-causing pain with no idea how to get him out of it. Thankfully, Lily tapped me on the shoulder and the rest fell into place. Not that she was happy about it, but Aidan finally convinced her magic doesn't have to be bad.
There's a lot of magic in Healing the Mage – the magic the characters use in their daily lives, and the magic of two people falling in love. Which is the core of all of my books – who can resist the miraculous feeling of falling in love with the one person who completes you? Of course, when you have a stubborn, demanding dom and a reluctant sub, sometimes the magic can seem like a curse.
Here's a little more about the story:
Lily Prentiss wishes she could ignore her inborn healing magic so she can live life on her terms, not follow the path her Magiste family chose for her. But when she stumbles across Aidan Marchand in the excruciating throes of evolving into a Mage, her touch is all that stops his pain and she can no longer deny her powers. When the sexy Dom seduces her into willing submission, she finds she doesn’t want to resist and actually enjoys giving up control.
Aidan has more to worry about than just his rapidly maturing powers – his business partner is blackmailing him into funding a venture that involves kidnapping young girls both magical and mortal, and selling them as sex slaves. Even as Lily’s touch eases Aidan's pain, he knows staying with her puts her in danger from his enemies. But the gift of her sexual submission helps him even more than her healing magic...so how can he let her go?

I hope you'll enjoy reading Healing the Mage as much as I enjoyed writing it. To celebrate its release, I'm giving away two copies this week. Leave a comment and share the magical moment when you realized your true love was The One. My moment occurred at a Bruce Springsteen concert in 1984. I still have not met anyone who can match my passion for Bruce's music, it's magical on its own. The way the man writes lyrics always amazes me, even when my DH and I are singing along to a song we've already sung a thousand times before. Twenty-six years later, we're still going to Bruce concerts and blasting The Boss' music throughout the house, much to the dismay of our children!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new release Gianna! I loved Healing the Mage when I beta'd it for you, but I'm going to definitely read it again to see the changes you've made!

    Your writing is insanely hot - congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shoshanna! You make me blush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gianna!
    Please let us know when Healing the Mage is available on Amazon! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI G! Congratulations on the new release - hooray!! I love your story about the Springsteen concert - very romantic. I wish I had a "moment" like I write about in my books - that is one of my favorite parts to write - but I think one day I looked at my husband and realized I could easily spend the rest of my life with him without a second thought. That was good enough for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know when exactly I knew DH was The One - I think it was when he proposed, only 6 weeks after we met. I thought, "Ya know, that's a mighty fine idea" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy - I most certainly will! :)

    Jen - I think we all wish we had those dramatic moments, one of the reasons we write romance I suspect! But that moment is still a special one, even if you weren't in some crazy situation running for your lives! lol

    Shoshanna, I am always in awe at what a great DH you have. I'm so jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete